The Program Executive Office, Assembled Chemical Weapons Alternatives (PEO ACWA) is overseeing the safe and environmentally compliant destruction of the remaining U.S. chemical weapons stockpile located at the U.S. Army Pueblo Chemical Depot in Colorado and the Blue Grass Army Depot in Kentucky. The Anniston Field Office (AFO) supports destruction of the remaining U.S. chemical weapons stockpile. The AFO is located on the Anniston Army Depot in Anniston, Alabama. The team is focused on the safety of the workforce and the public during the coronavirus pandemic, following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department of Defense to minimize risks to the workforce and local community.
AFO is implementing the vaccine mandate. The government and the systems contractor are working together to reach compliance for contract employees.
AFO Site-Specific COVID-19 Prevention Efforts
The following safety measures have been established at AFO to reduce the risk to the workforce and communities in and around Anniston, Alabama.
- Instituted daily health self-screening for employees working in the office.
- Continue to require social distancing.
- Increased availability of hand sanitizer and disinfecting products.
- Encourage frequent hand washing and hand sanitizing.
- Implemented maximum use of teleconferencing and videoconferencing.
- Implemented CDC recommendations with health and safety reminders posted at the entrance and throughout the office.
These policies will remain in effect until rescinded or otherwise modified by an appropriate authority. AFO will continue to evaluate the situation with the health and safety of employees and the local community at the forefront.