The PMB consists of 12 pre-constructed, individual modules, each measuring 70 feet long and almost 12 feet wide, assembled to form a 9,870 square-foot facility. Pilot plant workers are currently installing climate-control, electrical and plumbing systems, and completing architectural finishing work.
The PMB will support project personnel during operations. It will house conference and storage rooms, as well as men’s and women’s locker rooms and showers. In addition, Toxicological Agent Protective (TAP) equipment will be stored in the PMB. The TAP suits are equipped to provide operators with up to one-hour emergency response, incident response, routine chemical activity operations and initial entry-monitoring activities.
Site Construction Progress
Construction: Almost 95 percent complete
Systemization: 32 percent complete
Construction Turnover: 446 of 585 Quality Data Packages
Around the site, ongoing work includes:
- Completion of Static Detonation Chamber control software
- Installation of personnel doors in all areas of the Munitions Demilitarization Building
- Placement of Explosive Destruction Technology facility natural-gas pipeline and water lines
- Preliminary testing of the Standby Diesel generators
- Installation of commodities such as piping, wiring and cable in most of the main buildings