In the spotlight this month is the Medical Facility, currently under construction at the Blue Grass Chemical Agent-Destruction Pilot Plant.
The Medical Facility consists of six pre-constructed modules. Workers are currently installing these modules using seismic earth anchors to make the building more resistant in the unlikely event of an earthquake. Next, the modules will be bolted together to form a 4,200 square-foot facility. Once the modules are connected, the Blue Grass team will connect utilities and install trim.
Once operational, the Medical Facility will house approximately 30 personnel. These employees will range from physicians and registered nurses to paramedics and administrative support. When fully staffed, at least four paramedics and an advanced-practice registered nurse will be available to assess and treat patients 24 hours per day, seven days per week.
Next steps for the Medical Facility include electrical installation and interior painting.
Site Construction Progress
Construction: 94.7 percent complete
Systemization: 32.4 percent complete
Construction Turnover: 446 of 585 Quality Data Packages
Around the site, ongoing work includes:
- Testing of the Facility Control System in the Munitions Demilitarization Building (MDB)
- Upcoming completion of MDB and Supercritical Water Oxidation Processing Building piping
- Installation of Explosive Destruction Technology facility site perimeter fence, underground utilities and storm drains
- Upcoming completion of the Entry Control Facility and Container Handling Building
- Installation of commodities such as piping, wiring and cable in most of the main buildings