This year, as project focus shifts from construction to systemization, this monthly progress article will highlight pertinent project updates.
The focus this month is on the Entry Control Facility (ECF). Once complete, the ECF will serve as the plant’s security entry control point, providing a regulated and safe entry and exit location for all project workers.
Construction of the ECF kicked off in July 2014 with foundation work. Today, masonry block shapes the exterior, and installation of interior walls, roofing and decking are now complete.
Next steps for the ECF include painting, installation of electrical cabling and components, and other interior finishing work. Once construction is complete, the systemization team will take the reins and begin systemizing the building.
Main Plant Progress
Construction: 91 percent complete
Systemization: 27.7 percent complete
Construction Turnover: 357 of 585 Quality Data Packages
Around the site, ongoing work includes:
- Interior finish-out of the Container Handling Building
- Painting and insulating of Supercritical Water Oxidation Processing Building tanks
- Systemization of conveyors in Munitions Demilitarization Building
- Fire detection and suppression equipment installation in several site buildings
- Installation of telephone and public-address system wiring and equipment in most site buildings
- Installation of commodities such as piping, wiring and cable in most of the main buildings